Friday, March 15, 2024

Follow up to our Pre-Departure Meeting

Hey East Coasters,

Thank you all for coming to our pre-departure meeting on Tuesday.  It is great to see everyone together and to see how excited the kids are becoming as we get closer to our trip.  I wanted to go over a couple of quick items that I mentioned at the meeting, but may not have explained as well as I would have liked.

Medication Authorization foldable:
This is the sheet that you picked up at the meeting that gives me or a chaperone the permission to administer some basic medications (Advil, Pepto-Bismol, etc.) as well as specialty medications that you wish to provide (if you wish to provide chewable versions of medications, just include them on the specialty side of the foldable - mine all require swallowing).  This sheet should be folded and put into a quart sized Ziploc bag along with any daily supplements, or medications that your child takes on a regular basis.  Bring the baggie on the day we depart and I will assign it to your child's chaperone.  Please pack only enough meds for the trip, not the whole bottle.  Your child can get their medications from their assigned chaperone as needed (usually at meal times).  As always, any life saving medications (epi-pen, inhaler etc.) should be kept by your child for emergencies.  If your child is not bringing any medications or supplements with them, just sign the foldable for your child to have permission to get the basic medications I will have with me, and give it to me anytime before our departure.


The Flight:
I did talk about this, but really want to hammer home this point.  It is a red-eye flight, and it is very important that the kids try their best to get some sleep/rest on the plane.  We will be touring all day when we arrive, so please let the kids know that they will regret not getting a little sleep when they have the chance.  Additionally, we want to be considerate to the other passengers on the plane who are trying to sleep as well.

Departure Day:
We are leaving from the Rio Norte Campus on Friday, March 29th.  Please wear your Nations Classroom t-shirt on this day - if you still need a shirt, please let me know ASAP.  Everyone needs to arrive by 5:30pm and you should park in the lot, and keep the bus loop open.  We will distribute lanyards and wristbands and will weigh your check-in bag - it must be 45 lbs. or less.


And finally, I want to have a quick student meeting at lunch on Friday, March 29th in room G-2.  At this meeting, I will collect student ID cards for safe keeping until we go through TSA, and I will go over any last minute information.  Thank you again for allowing your child to have this experience.  I will likely be sending a couple more e-mails before we leave, but as always, please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.

No comments:

Post a Comment